This is Vigo's most historic district. It includes the famous A Pedra Square and Market, the Constitution Square, the Co-cathedral of Santa María, the Penzol Library, and other buildings which represent Vigo’s modern and baroque faces. The Galician Regional Government has recently declared it to be “Of Great Cultural Interest” and a “Historic Conservation Area”.
Formerly the Collegiate Church. This was built between 1816 and 1836, and replaced the former gothic church. Neoclassical in style, it houses the famous Christ of Victory, which, according to tradition, aided the people of Vigo in the War of Independence.
This is a pedestrian area adjoining the Old Town and close to the marina. This area has peaceful gardens and pedestrian streets but also bustles with the city's most fashionable nightlife. Cruise liners dock on the seafront, as do the ferries to the Cíes Islands and other points around the Bay of Vigo. Vigo's Royal Yacht Club and a recently built leisure centre are also on the seafront.
This square is dominated by the sculpture by Fransisco Leiro, which is popularly known as "El Sireno" (The Merman). This is the heart of the city.
This porticoed square, at the entrance to the Old Town is considered to be Vigo’s Main Square.
These are the city’s main leisure and shopping streets. On these wide pavements, dotted with flower beds, you will find the most fashionable shops, bars and restaurants. Juan Jose Oliveira’s statue “Monument to Horses” can be found in the Plaza de España, which lies on Gran Vía.
This hill is of great cultural interest both for the Iron Age camps and for the city walls which are constructed on it. This, the city’s second largest park, offers an escape from the city's streets and is a great vantage point.
Located in Beiramar, the Vigo Auditorium and Conference Centre, designed by César Portela, was opened in February 2011. It is the largest auditorium in Galicia, has an 800 m2 stage, and can seat 1,500.